Monday 11 March 2013

Goals and success....

It's examination time and everyone is busy studying and practicing and what not.
Blindly memorizing has never been my style but if I don't I might be losing marks, so in a bit of a dilemma right now! I look around and see that everyone has the pressure to perform well, I look at myself and think of all that has been sacrificed so that I can be here, doing what gives me happiness and I can feel the pressure too. But this pressure as much as it should be pushing me to perform is also bringing me down, because all that is in my head is to do well and that naturally develops a fear in me, which is preventing me from doing anything. Examinations in 2 days and I've got to conquer the fear first.

I have been questioned on why I chose to do this and I have been answering that cooking is what I have always loved doing, that is definitely true. I don't want to do something just because I happen to be good at it, I want to do it because I love doing it and I am happy doing it, being good at it is just secondary.

I have read a lot of books trying to explain the true nature and meaning of success, a lot of people seeking the ultimate truth about success. To add to the confusion of the never ending quest about the truth of success I am going to state my interpretation of success. For me success is about being happy doing what you love, I know I will be successful when I do something I love and I'll know I have accomplished a great deal in life when I am happy !

4 comments:

  1. During the exams just imagine that you're making food for someone you love or for someone you're eventually in love with. :)
    It really helps me to forget about rush and stress and whatever during practical classes... So in fact my mom, my grandmother, my cousin, my best friends, Marc - they don't even know how many genoises I whisked in their honour and how much meat I roasted to make them feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely true my dear :) I should try and think of someone I love and cook for them during my practical !

      Delete
  2. RRRRRGGGGEEEE!!! You can do all things Nivedha Ravi! Throw the pressure out of the window and just have fun doing what you love doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEE !!! I am trying to relieve myself of the pressure :D

      Delete